I haven’t been to the theater in a while, so this week I thought I’d recommend some of my favorites that may have slid under your radar.
Check them out when you get a chance, and let me know what you think, OR give me some recommendations, and I’ll check out your list!
5. A Hazard of Hearts (my favorite Helena Bonham Carter flick–it’s a made-for-TV-movie, so you probably won’t be able to find it anywhere…I could loan you my copy)
4. Moving Target (Justin Bateman back in the ’80’s–this one came from TV too, but it has Jack Wagner as an assassin and a dog named “Come Here”. Brilliant.)
3. Cellular. Not the deepest movie, but it’s about an average guy doing more than the right thing. I love those movies, and Kim Basinger does a pretty good job too.
2. All About Steve. Okay, I’ve heard all of the reviews, and believe me, they’re WRONG. Sandra Bullock does a great job in this movie. She really annoys, and then dismantles your heart. I laughed. I cried. I love the scene where she jumps up and down like an idiot.
1. Bandslam. I know it’s got “Disney Flick” written all over it, but it’s more than your average Disney movie, much more. AND it’s got some really good music in it. AND it’s about someone learning to stand on his own when it would seem the world was against him.
(I could go on and on with my list, but I’ll save the others for another slow movie week.)
Happy movie watching!